Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Progress on Armstrong Mill

 I still have a lot of work to do, but it is coming along. Stairs, loading dock, canopies, cupola, chimneys, vents, and scenery base are all ahead of me. The model is still all paper and card except the heavy frame of the elevator, and lots of inside bracing.

Working on a model this size -- about 15" end to end -- small dimensional errors add up. I have had a couple of head scratching moments trying to figure why two corners didn't meet the way I intended. But so far, I'm pleased with the results. My mistakes aren't too conspicuous. 

The model is a mirror-image copy in HO scale of the large building from FOS Scale Models' "Rust Rock Falls." I've named it for a friend, Amy Armstrong, who is an accomplished spinner, knitter, and weaver, and who shares my Scottish heritage.







No comments: