Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Fogarty's Bait & Tackle Shop - 1/87 Scale Paper Model

This is one of the buildings from "The Waterfront" kit by Builders in Scale. The kit is out of print but full-size plans (HO scale) are available from Builders in Scale. 

I built this paper model from BiS plans using my own barnwood texture sheet (download it here), siding and roofing from Paper Creek (no longer in business), doors and windows from my "digital parts box," signs from the Internet, a barrel and stovepipe from Tichy Train Group, stripwood, and home-made ground foam. I made the shop signs on Photoshop Elements®.

Fogarty's Bait & Tackle Shop will be located in Scots' Landing on my Ceresco & Wolf River RR.





I didn't put a loading dock on the left side of the barn. That side won't be visible on the layout, but I didn't know that when I started building the structure. 

The plans also show a canopy on this end of the barn. I may add it later.



No comments: