Sunday, August 16, 2020

Track Plan for Ceresco on the Ceresco & Wolf River RR -- HO Scale

 After much thinking, studying, experimenting (on paper), and head-scratching, I have finally come up with a plan for the second terminal on my point-to-point shelf layout. My HO-scale Ceresco & Wolf River RR occupies a space about 8 ft x 16 ft. The northern terminal, Scots' Landing, now under construction, is described here. 

Pictured below is my plan for Ceresco ("Seh-RESS-koh"), the southern terminal where the C&WR meets the C&NW in Sept 1943. My plan is based on an On30 design by Travis Handschug. I flipped it lengthwise, and made a few other changes. The layout ends on the right at Ceresco. The interchange track will be served by cassettes. A single hidden staging track and the line to Scots' Landing depart at upper left. Most structures will be scratch-built with a few craftsman kits and kitbashes to fill out the town.

I welcome any comments, suggestions, advice, or tasteless puns.

"Ceresco" was the name of a Fourierite Commune, also known as the Wisconsin Phalanx, the first permanent settlement in what later became my hometown, Ripon, Wisconsin. Founded in 1844, Ceresco was named for Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture.

No comments: