Sunday, July 5, 2020

Tom's Small Engine Repair -- HO Scale

This is my first FOS kit (a "Kit of the Month"), my first laser-cut kit, and my first attempt at sponge painting. I can see lots of things that could have been done better, but it's all about practice, and I am happy with the results. I am also really impressed with the quality of the kit.

Most of the buildings on my HO scale layout are paper models with opaque windows, so I gave this kit a similar treatment using a tarpaper texture from the Texture Library (texture.com) instead of the clear plastic that came with the kit. I think I'll redo the front windows with clear plastic backed by the texture sheet, to give them some shine.

I used the same Texture Library sheet for the office roof and Clever Models' tarpaper strips for the garage roof. I made the signs in Photoshop. I will add details like oil barrels and a junk pile when the building is placed on the layout.


No comments: