Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Move Over, Sprue Cutters!

Sometimes, things just go my way. Or as my father might have said, "Sometimes Norwegian mule-headedness and a willingness to suspend disbelief can be mistaken for genius."

Earlier this spring at the annual contest of the Madison, WI chapter of the International Plastic Modelers' Society (IPMS) one of my paper models -- Uhu02's 1/32-scale Lunar Excursion Module -- won the "Best Real Space/Science Fiction" award, over several expertly done plastic models. A few weeks earlier, in a smaller contest at the EAA Museum's annual "Winter Flight Fest," the same paper model, in competition with some outstanding plastic models, won the award for "Most Complex." At both events, there were the usual "I can't believe that's paper" comments, and I may have lured a few sprue cutters over to "the Dark Side."





No comments: