Wednesday, May 20, 2020

McIntyre Marine - HO Scale Scratch-Built Paper Model

McIntyre Marine is the largest shipper in Scots' Landing on my Ceresco & Wolf River HO scale shortline. This the the building before I repainted the sign. I scratch built the model in paper, using photos of a FOS Scale Models kit, built by Vilius Bileisis. Vilius does amazing model work and his blog (http://viliussm.blogspot.com/) is well worth a look.

The stairs and railings on my model are made of scale lumber. Everything else is paper. The cutout in the roof fits around a wooden support beam in the basement of our 1865 house. (Someone suggested that I remove the beam. I dread to think . . .) I will add figures, freight dock details, and power lines when the model is installed on the layout. The building and its wharf will be among the first things visitors will see when they enter my "train cave."


No comments: