Sunday, February 12, 2023

Beechcraft C90 Super King Air (Modelart) Paper Model - 1:32 Scale

 Modelart's Super King Air kit is well-designed with almost no fit issues. I built it "from the box" except for a few changes. I opened up the passenger door, filled the interior with cases and cartons (instead of seats) secured by (paper) cargo nets, and scratch built the boarding steps from paper and card. I used a grey semi-gloss paper for the exhausts and silvered card for the propeller spinners. I left out most of the cockpit detail because it can't be seen, anyway. 

When I started building this kit and Modelart's C80 Queen Air kit, it didn't occur to me how big the models would be. This one has a 21.5-inch wingspan, the Queen Air spans 19 inches, and finding a place to display and store them was a challenge.







No comments: