Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Winger Paper Bag Co. Expands

 Winger Paper Bag Co. #1:  A few years ago, I scratchbuilt a paper model copy of Fos Scale Models' Winger Paper Bag Co. background flat. At the time, it was to be positioned against the background at Scots' Landing on my Ceresco & Wolf River HO-scale shortline.


Winger Paper Bag Co. #2:  The track plan at Scots' Landing changed, and now I needed a tall, narrow factory closer to the foreground. I scratchbuilt the Winger Co. again as a paper model, this time with full depth. The back is blank, since it won't be visible, and I flipped the facade to put the loading dock on the left instead of the right. I sold Winger Co. #1 on ebay to someone who can make good use of it.

The textures for walls, roofs, chimneys, and foundation, and the vents on #2 are from Clever Models. The windows and doors are from my "digital parts bin." The loading dock and its roof structure are basswood. The pallets are from Preiser, the meters and fire bell are card from photos, and the boxes are original artwork drawn on Photoshop®. I redrew both signs in Photoshop and applied and weathered them digitally.  The building's footprint is 6" x 3½" and it is just over 6" tall at the gables.



No comments: